Dihydrogen Monoxide

Dihydrogen Monoxide is a very dangerous substance and I believe that this issue requires attention. DHMO may seem harmless, but do not be fooled. It is a colorless and odorless compound, and goes by many names. The components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic compounds, such as Sulfuric acid and Nitroglycerine. It is an ingredient in many toxic substances, disease- causing agents and diseases. The public has not been educated enough about the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide, but that will soon change.
A large reason why society does not know how DHMO can hurt them, is because they do not take the time to truly understand Dihydrogen Monoxide. Another reason for this lack of knowledge is that many politicians and others in the public eye do not consider DHMO a worthy cause to get behind. Yet, the world population is growing, and these everyday dangers are becoming more and more obvious.
I personally believe that the website www.dhmo.org does a wonderful job of educating the public about the dangers of DHMO. The information is presented in such a way that it is easily accessible, and easy to understand. The website answers many of the questions that someone may have about this compound, such as “What is Dihydrogen Monoxide?”, “What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?”, and “What are the symptoms of accidental Dihydrogen Monoxide overdose?”. The only thing this website does not educate the public about is the true identity of DHMO.
My initial response upon reading the information on this website was that I believed this was truly a legitimate website about the effects and dangers of DHMO. Later on, I realized that DHMO is actually H2O. It was then that I wondered how I did not catch this obvious name earlier, so I decided to ask a few people if they knew what it was. I was surprised when not one of the people that I asked could identify what DHMO was. Even after I explained it, the people I talked to still believed that Dihydrogen...