030.2.1. Identify the positive outcomes for children and young people that practitioners should be striving to achieve. These may include:
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic wellbeing
Five ECM outcomes are:
* Be healthy:
* Provide opportunities for children to physically exercise regularly.
* Make sure the environment is a healthy one.
* Plan ways to explore healthy lifestyles.
* Ensure planning focuses on children's social and emotional well-being.
* Stay safe
* Have ways to check it meets regulated standards - eyfs requirements.
* ensure children and young people are involved in developing safe environments
* make sure everyone knows policies and procedures for safe play
* Perform runtime checks and risk assessments to the environment and for resources. Example: We make sure all environments are safe at the end every day.
* Enjoy and achieve
* check the balance of child initiated and adult led activities
* encourage freedom of choice and following interests
* support children to challenge, be creative, explore and problem solve
* know and support a range of learning styles and needs
* Make a positive contribution
* ways for children to find out about their immediate & the wider community
• build your environment for it to promote choices and decision making
• enable children to explore their own identity and cultures through play
• plan the exploration of new concepts
• demonstrate a respect for children's views and actively support their contributions, growing confidence and views
* Achieving economic well-being
• ensure children's play is a way for them to develop the skills needed to experience an acceptable standard of living
• review what the setting provides as a whole to ensure a variety of rich learning opportunities
• ensure children have every opportunity...