Prejudice and Discrimination in South Africa

Week 2 Assignment:   Prejudice and Discrimination in South Africa
Deborah Frederick
July 15, 2012
Judith Levin

Week 2 Assignment:   Prejudice and Discrimination in South Africa
South Africa is mostly comprised of Ethnic Africans, which makes up makeup 79% of the total population, of these the Zulu and Xhosa make up the two largest groups.   The other 21% of the population are split up as follows:   Whites 9.6% (Dutch and English), mixed ancestary 9%, Asians 2% (Indians and Malaysians), and the other .4% of the population is undocumented.   Forth percent of the South African population live in rural areas.
There are 11 official languages of South Africa:   English, Zulu, Venda, Tswana, Xhosa, Pedi, Tsonga, Swazi, Bdebele, Afrikaans, Sotho.   All of these languages are considered Bantu.   Many South Africans speak English as a second language. (“South Africa: ETHNIC groups MEDICAL care POLITICAL parties VITAL statistics,” 1999).  A strong academic paragraph must have five to seven sentences.   You need an introductory sentence, three detail sentences and a strong conclusion/transition sentence.
Sixty-eight percent of the religious groups are considered Christians.   These religious groups break down into the Luthern, Dutch Reform, Catholic, and Anglican denominations.   Education in South Africa has come a long way since the fall of the apartheid.   Education is mandatory for 10 years beginning at the age of 7-years-old and can be in any of the country’s languages. (Aliprandini, 2011).    Private schools are available if one is able to afford it. This paragraph requires stronger development.
While health care has improved in South Africa, there are still many illnesses that are predominant in the poorer classes of the ethnic African, in these classes infant mortality is still high and life expectancy is low.   Many of the illnesses that affect the lower classes are malaria, measles, TB, and HIV/AIDS.
There are more than 20,000 plants that have been...