Identify standards that Influence the way the role is carried out:
The standards that influence the way I work may include:
The Policies & Procedures, Codes of Practice, Regulations & the National Occupational Standards.
The policies & procedures are the rules that are set by the company so that all employees know their job role and must be followed to do our job in the correct way.
The national occupational standards are the outcomes of diplomas and are important as we learn from them and by completing these diplomas we have shown that we are competent to do our job.
The regulations are rules set in place by legislations for employees to follow to ensure the standards required by law are met.
The skills for care codes of practice is a list of statements for all careers to follow to ensure all employees do the best quality of work.
1. Be accountable by making sure you can answer for your actions or omissions.
2. Promote and uphold the privacy, dignity, rights, health and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their careers at all times.
3. Work in collaboration with your colleagues to ensure the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare, care and support.
4. Communicate in an open, and effective way to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of people who use health and care services and their careers.
5. Respect a person’s right to confidentiality.
6. Strive to improve the quality of healthcare, care and support through continuing professional development.
7. Uphold and promote equality, diversity and inclusion