How Does Nonverbal Behaviors Effect A Person ?
People communicate everyday of their lives, but we rarely notice the nonverbal
part of communication and how important it is to the meaning of the message. Facial
expressions, posture, body movements, tone of voice and touching are all part of
nonverbal communication. Often when people communicate they contradict the verbal
and nonverbal messages, therefore the receiver of the message receives a message with a
double meaning and interprets the message less accurately. Nonverbal messages affect a
person in a positive and negative way. Understanding the way nonverbal behaviors affect
a person can help in improving communication skills. In my research paper I will
investigate how nonverbal behaviors effect a person in a learning environment, and in
interpersonal relationships. And I will ask how a person can improve his or her nonverbal
Section 1: Effects on Cognitive Learning and Interpersonal Relationships
The use of a teacher's nonverbal behavior strongly effects the student's cognitive
learning and the quality of the teaching environment. Studies have shown that teachers
with high nonverbal immediacy have high levels of cognitive learning (McCroskey Et Al
209). The students have reported the teachers with high levels of nonverbal immediacy
have a more interesting class environment and the students enjoy attending class
(McCroskey Et Al 209). Nonverbal behaviors that have the most effect on students are
varied tone of voice, eye contact, and smiling (McCroskey Et Al 210). Smiling, eye
contact, and vocal variety boost a positive affect toward the teacher, and material being
studied (Guerrero and Miller 33). Involvement and conversational skills:...
- The Effectiveness Of Personal Selling In Organizations
- to establish why personal selling is the most effective promotional tool in marketing of industrial products.
Finally the good of effective personal selling is not...
- Video Game Behavioral Effects
- behavioral effects
The scientific study of media effects has led researchers down the road of video game effects ... interact to affect a person's internal state. The...
- Effect Of Personal Factors (Age, Gender, Education, Religion, And Governmental Experience) On Ethical Decision...
Effect of personal factors (Age, Gender, Education, ... directors and businessmen would go beyond ethical behaviors in order to accomplish this...
- Network Effects And Personal Influences The Diffusion Of An Online Social Network
- adopters. Keywords: diffusion, social networks, network marketing
Network Effects and Personal Influences: The Diffusion of an Online Social Network
- The Effects Of Personal And Environmental Factors On The Life Satisfaction Of Elderly People In Two Ethnic Groups
- to gather data to investigate the effects of personal and environmental factors on the ... organization. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 317326.
Cavanaugh, J. &.-F...