Cypop 5 Task 2

Accidents, illness and emergencies
It is my policy to keep children safe when they are in my care. My premises have been checked and they meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage in England. I also regularly review, update and practice my safety routines, including fire drills.
As a registered childminder, i am legally required to have a valid first-aid certificate before registration. i can administer basic first aid treatment, and my first-aid box is clearly labelled and easily accessible. It is stored in the kitchen, in the cupboard next to the fridge. parent contact numbers are with the first-aid box.
i hold written permission from parents with each Child Record Form to seek emergency treatment for their child if it is needed.
all accidents will be recorded in an accident book and parents will be notified immediately of serious incidents.
as a registered provider, I must notify Ofsted of any serious accidents, illnesses or injuries or the death of any child whilst in my care and any action i may have taken within 14 days of an incident occurring.
If I am in need of support or advice regarding a serious illness or incident involving a child in my care I may contact Ofsted who will log information regarding the incident with regard to their safeguarding policy. A designated officer will be assigned to my case and all the information given to them will be kept confidentially unless there appears to be a child protection issue which will be reported accordingly.
If an accident of incident involving a child in my care may result in an insurance claim I will contact my public liability insurance provider to discuss my case and be allocated a claim number. this may involve discussing details of the child in my care with a third party.
I also have an arrangement with another registered childminder in my area to provide emergency back-up cover if necessary.
In the event of an accident or sudden illness, the child will be either brought to a...