Cyp3.3 2.4

Roles and responsibilities of different organisations that may be involved when a child or yp has been abused or harmed
Should a case arise of any concern, these are the services available from different organisations in relation to safeguarding children and young people;

GP’S - work within the community and are a gateway to other health services as they can refer children to the different agencies and may identify possible abuse signs when the child attends surgery.
Police - might become involved in the criminal proceedings that might result from safeguarding issues.
Health Visitors - have a responsibility for the health of babies and young children under five. They can provide support to parents of the children and carry out child development assessments.
Probation Services - support people who have been convicted of an offence to be rehabilitated into the community. They have a key role in monitoring people who have convictions involving offences against children and they need to ensure that they don’t pose a threat to local children.
Social Services - have statutory responsibility to provide support to vulnerable children and families in need. Most Social Workers are employed by Social Services and can provide caring support for a range of problems.
Child Psychologist - will often be used to support the children who have been abused or harmed. School: Schools and colleges are key to identifying and supporting children when they are in need of help and all staff in school / colleges must be trained in safeguarding and child protection.
NSPCC -inspired by a belief that we can make a difference for all children. That’s why we aim to end cruelty to children in the UK. Even if it takes many generations to realise it, we achieve much more for children by having this inspirational vision. The NSPCC needs to deliver the biggest impact it can, but our limited resources are only a fraction of the government and voluntary sector’s budget for children....