* Located in Eastern Asia
  * Population: 1.3 billion. World’s second large population
  * Area: 3.7 million square miles
  * Capital city: Beijing
  * Established in 1949
  * Also known as the People’s Republic of China (中华人名共和国)
  * ruled by the Communist Party of China (CPC) under a single-party system
  * One Child Policy 1979
China's one child policy was established by Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping in 1979 to limit China's population growth.
  * 56 Ethnic Groups
The largest ethnic group is the Han Chinese, who constitute about 91.5% of the total population. The remaining 8.5% are Zhuang (16 million), Manchu (10 million), Hui (9 million), Miao (8 million), Uyghur (7 million), Yi (7 million), Mongol (5 million), Tibetan (5 million), Buyi (3 million), Korean (2 million), and other ethnic minorities
  * There are seven major Chinese dialects and many subdialects. Mandarin (or Putonghua), the predominant dialect, is spoken by over 70% of the population.
  * The world’s largest producer of agriculture
China is the world's most populous country and one of the largest producers and consumers of agricultural products. Over 40% of China's labor force is engaged in agriculture. China is among the world's largest producers of rice, corn, wheat, soybeans, vegetables, tea, and pork. Major non-food crops include cotton, other fibers, and oilseeds.

  *   State-run system of public education runs by the Ministry of Education.
All citizens must attend school for at least nine years. The government provides primary education for six years, starting at age six or seven, followed by six years of secondary education for ages 12 to 18.
  * Secondary Entrance Examination & College Entrance Examination
  * The Great Wall
  * The Beijing National Stadium, "The Bird's Nest"
  * Tiananmen Square
  * 2010 Shanghai Expo (from May 1 to October 31, 2010)