Casey Anthony

Casey Anthony Trial

Casey Anthony, 25, left her family’s home on June 16, 2008, taking her two and a half year old daughter with her and did not come back for 31 days. Casey’s mother Cindy asked Casey several times during the month to see Caylee, but Casey always had an excuse of why she couldn’t produce Caylee   at that time. At other times she told her mother that Caylee was with the nanny who was later identified by Casey as Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. It later came out that there was a woman whose name was Zenaida Fernande-Gonzalez did in fact exist, but had never met Casey or Caylee or any of the Anthony’s family.
On July 13, 2008, Cindy and George Anthony found a notice from the post office for a certified letter on their front door. When George Anthony picked up the certified letter from the post office on July 15, 2008, it stated that his daughter’s car was in a tow yard. When George picked up the car both he and the tow yard attendant noticed a strong smell coming from the trunk. George and Cindy both later testified that they believed the odor to be that of a decomposing body. When the trunk was opened, it contained a bag of trash, but no human remains. (en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony)   Cindy found her daughter at a friend’s house and begged her to tell her where Caylee was. Casey eventually told her mother that she had not seen her daughter for a month. Cindy called 911 and told them her granddaughter was missing and it smelled like there had been a dead body in the trunk of her daughter’s car.
Casey Anthony was arrested for first degree murder and pled not guilty on October 14 2008. Caylee’s skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area near the family home on December 11, 2008. The trial lasted for six weeks. On July 5, 2011, the jury found Casey Anthony not guilty of first degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter of a child, but guilty of four counts of providing false information to a law...