Business Research Methods Part Ii

Business Research Methods – Part III
    In conjunction with our analysis of the management question, we conducted further analysis of Blockbuster’s desire to regain market share, return to market dominance, and resume its industry leadership.   We address in this paper the potential challenges to the validity and reliability of the research questions, data, and analysis.
    The survey results consisted of investigative questioning that included the following:   Should Blockbuster close its brick and mortar stores and focus on alternative movie delivery options? Should Blockbuster focus on online, on-demand movie rentals only? Should Blockbuster increase the number of blue boxes available in markets? With limited funds, can Blockbuster survive long enough to achieve their ultimate goal of becoming a one-stop, complete video rental service for consumers?
      The sample population included previous Blockbuster customers who have not patronized a Blockbuster store within the last three to six months. This survey provided results for our statistical analysis. All of these discoveries will be classified in order of power.
Statistical Analysis
    The team used a combination of methods to perform the Blockbuster customer perception survey. About 60% of the participants completed the survey in person by means of intercept interviews at the workplace. The remaining 40% of the surveys were completed via e-mail. Out of a total of 16 e-mail invitations, only 11 participants responded to the survey. Our sample resulted in a total of 23 participants.   The survey instructed the participants to respond as accurately and as honestly as possible. Appendix A graphically displays the results of the 23 completed surveys.
    Data from the interview results, pertaining to the movie rental experience, is on the nominal scale. This allowed the team to determine the mode and compare between its exclusive outcomes.   For example, 87% of the respondents are former Blockbuster...