1. In relation to business processes and quality improvement, in approximately 30 words, define ‘quality system’.
A quality system refers to activities a business uses to promote quality within the organization. It is often called a quality management system (QMS). This system includes the business’s activities, plans, policies and procedures used in producing quality goods and services.
2. What are 3 aims of the organization’s quality system?
A quality system consists of PLANNING, DOCUMENTING and CONTROLLING all business processes. It requires constant review to implement changes and improvements to increase customer satisfaction and demand. A quality system focuses on continuously measuring the company’s performance to make improvements to the system leading increased profitability.
3. Organizations today develop and maintain quality as a key part of their operations business culture. In point form, list 7 strategies to incorporate quality throughout the organization.
Although this question asks to list 7 strategies, I have found 8 and they include;
• Customer focus
• Involvement of people
• Process approach
• System approach to management
• Continual improvement
• Factual approach to decision making and
• Mutual beneficial supplier relationships
These 8 strategies work together and allow companies to increase the quality in their products.
4. Organizations today must find ways to continually improve the quality of their goods and services. The concept of continuous improvement began in the 1950’s.
In no more than 100 words, name the 3 theorists who developed this approach; the name of the approach; the circumstances that led to the production of their work, and the outcome.
The story of the Kaizan miracle started in the 1930s. Sakichi Toyoda, founder of Toyota, which manufactured...