Airline Market India

India’s civil aviation industry is on a high-growth trajectory. India aims to become the third-largest aviation market by 2020 and the largest by 2030. The Civil Aviation industry has ushered in a new era of expansion, driven by factors such as low-cost carriers (LCCs), modern airports, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in domestic airlines, advanced information technology (IT) interventions and growing emphasis on regional connectivity. India is the ninth-largest civil aviation market in the world, with a market size of around US$ 16 billion.
The world is focused on Indian, from manufacturers, tourism boards, airlines and global businesses to individual travellers, shippers and businessmen all over the world are focused on Indian aviation hence providing the industry a bright future.
Market Size
In the second quarter of 2015, domestic air passenger traffic surged 19.2 per cent to 20.3 million from 17 million in the corresponding period a year ago. Total passenger carried in June 2015 increased 13 percent to 8.8 million from 7.8 million in June 2014, whereas the domestic passenger traffic grew 16 per cent, respectively, in June 2015. In June 2015, total freight carried rose 5.4 percent to 222,990 tonnes from 211,590 tonnes in June 2014 with an increased domestic freight movement of 2.6 percent In June 2015, total aircraft movements at all Indian airports stood at 141,620, which was 8 per cent higher than June 2014. Domestic aircraft movements increased 8.4 percent, in June 2015.
Over the next 3 years, domestic passenger traffic are expected to increase at an annual average rate of 12 percent, while domestic cargo are estimated to rise at an average annual rate of 12 percent. The airlines operating in India are projected to record a collective operating profit of Rs 8,100 crore in fiscal year 2016, according to Crisil Ltd.
Government Initiatives
Government agencies project that around 500 brownfield and Greenfield airports would be required by...