3.2 Eymp 3

All health and professionals that give advice to the parents or carers of children all have a very important role in maintaining health and supporting the children and their families. They give professional information and advice on how to help develop the children’s health they would also advice the parents of carers of the children on how to help their children and also give them guidance.
Audiology is a fairly new profession and there are not many Audiologist professionals in the UK yet. An Audiological Physician is a health professional (doctor) which specialises in diagnosing and treating hearing and balance problems, but they do not carry out operations on their patients. They can and do fittings and repairs for hearing aids, and help people with their balance.
Audiology professionals work in a variety of settings including hospitals and private practice settings. They carry out a wide range of duties including assessment, management and therapeutic rehabilitation of people with hearing and balance problems, and associated disorders. This type of profession involves helping patients of all ages, from new-born babies and young children to adults and elderly people.
According to http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk “A national study of hearing showed that approximately 16% of the population have a significant hearing loss”.
Dentists are specialists in the prevention and treatment of dental decay, remove teeth that shouldn’t be in the place they are or remove them because they are causing problems, they can also give medical care for any dental problems and provide information and advice on those matters. They can also refer young children, teenagers and adults to the orthodontist if they think that their teeth need to be pushed back, forward or into the correct position and straighten them.
A General Practitioner (GP) is normally the doctor the family has always been registered with that works in the community. They are normally the...