- Submitted by: Nalle4mua
- Views: 1525
- Category: Other
- Date Submitted: 02/11/2012 12:07 AM
- Pages: 2
Ptlls Level 3 Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Lifelong Learning
PTLLS 3 Nichola Allen
UNIT 001 – Roles, responsibilities and relationships in lifelong learning
There is much legislation to consider as a Lecturer in construction, I have listed many of them and summarised key points to some of the more common legislation.
"Health and Safety At Work Act 1974"
• Most legislation is born from this act.
• Places duty on employers to protect the health, safety and welfare of staff and others who may be affected by their business.
• Places duty on all employees to avoid harming themselves or others.
• States risks should be reduced "so far as is reasonably practicable".
Data Protection Act 1998
• Ensures personal data must be obtained fairly and lawfully.
• Covers personal data in both electronic and manual form.
• Ensures Personal data is accurate, up to date and is not kept for longer than is necessary.
• Requires security measures to protect the data.
• Prevents transfer of Data countries outside the EEC.
The Disability Discrimination Act 2005
The Act aims to end discrimination regarding disabled people, and gives them rights in the areas of:
• access to goods, facilities and services,
• buying or renting land or property,
• Public Transport
The Act requires public bodies to promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Every Child Matters (The Children Act 2004)
• be healthy
• stay safe
• enjoy and achieve
• make a positive contribution
• achieve economic well-being.
Other legislation which may apply
• Equal Opportunities act 1976
• Learning Skills Act 2000
• Freedom of Information Act 2000
• Sex Discrimination Act 1975
• Obscene Publications Act 1964
• Misuse of Drugs Act 2005
• Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
• Building Act 1984
• Planning Act 2008
• Environmental Protection...