- Submitted by: kfee
- Views: 1464
- Category: Science
- Date Submitted: 09/03/2011 07:28 PM
- Pages: 6
Psy 240 to Eat or Not to Eat
You are a counselor for those suffering from eating disorders. Today, you have two different group sessions: one consisting of clients with obesity issues, and one dealing with anorexia issues. So that the clients feel more comfortable, you would like to first start the session by explaining some of the physiological factors that cause people to eat or not eat. Then, you will open the floor for questions from the group.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in APA format containing the following:
• Introduction: Act as the eating disorder counselor and introduce yourself to the group. Provide a brief explanation about what you will be discussing today.
• Description of the physiological factors for hunger and satiety: Discuss the physiological myths about hunger and satiety and those physiological factors that do contribute to hunger and satiety.
Respond to the following questions proposed by the two different groups:
• Lindsey asked: My parents were both obese, is that why I am?
• Robert asked: My girlfriend and I eat together all of the time, so we eat the same food and amounts of food, but she never gains weight like I do. Why is that?
• Nancy asked: My mom says that I became anorexic because I’ve been reading too many Cosmo magazines and want to look like those girls. Maybe I did, but I really just don’t crave food. What do you think it is?
Tyra asked: I don’t eat because every time I do, I just feel sick! Do you know why this is?
August 27, 2011
My name is Kristin and I will be assisting you and answering as many questions as I can in regards to eating disorders. Today we will be discussing the different types of eating disorders. What the cause of these disorders may be, and then I will gladly answer any questions. We will be focusing on the issues of obesity and anorexia.
The first thing we will talk about today is the meaning, or description of the physiological factors for...