- Submitted by: EmilyMoore
- Views: 1773
- Category: Other
- Date Submitted: 06/07/2010 04:06 PM
- Pages: 2
I have selected the process of filling the water in bath tub as illustration of flow chart. I have used the features of Microsoft Word to design the flowchart. Flowcharts are valuable than fancy graphics as it represents the systematic flow of logic to all the involved members in effective manner.
Comment on the factors that affect the process design
The factors that affect the process of design in filling the bath tub are right temperature and adequate water in the tub. It acts as decisive factor is execution of steps.
Following are the steps involved in filling the bath tub:
(1) set the knob for hot and cold water.
(2) If temperature of water is too hot or too cold, then go to step 3, else go to step 4.
(3) Increase the temperature of hot or cold water to get reasonable warm water and go back to step 2.
(4) Wait for two minutes or less as required amount of waiting time for filling the tub.
(5) If bath tub is full, then go to step 7, else go back to step 6.
(6) Go back to step 4.
(7) Close the tap of hot and cold water.
Start and end steps are represented as oval shapes. I have used the parallelogram for processing steps of 1, 3, 4 and 7. Decision steps involved in 2 and 5 are shown by diamond shape. Arrow symbol is used for showing the flow of process.
One metric that you will use to measure the process and why those metrics are valuable
I will use the time as metric because they are critical in filling the tub respectively.
Flowchart can also be referred again and again to understand the system as documentation allows keeping the blueprint of design for analysis in the development of system. For the next couple weeks will collect data to see if the data collated for time has change since the first week. Have included the flowchart and also the data collected for the first week assignment.
WEEK 1 Waiting Time for Filling Bath Tub (Seconds)