- Submitted by: natty83
- Views: 2483
- Category: Other
- Date Submitted: 04/17/2011 03:49 AM
- Pages: 2
Communication Young People
Children and young people
• Describe how to establish respectful, professional relationships with young people.
I have established respectable, professional relationships with a number of children within my classroom setting. I have achieved this by setting an example as an adult at all times. I treat them all as individuals and very fairly by listening to what they have to say, giving them my upmost attention and eye contact at all times when interacting with them. I have also disciplined a small number of children who I assist daily in a fair and professional manner which has proven to have built a respectful relationship between myself and the class pupils.
• Describe with examples how to behave appropriately for a child or young person’s stage of development.
It is very important to behave appropriately in the presence of children to set an example, you must remain as the role model at all times by talking to the children in a calm and collective manner, by addressing the situation appropriately. For example
• Never give mixed signals
• Always be consistent
• Never lose your composure
• Always set the example as a leader and remain in control of any given situation.
• Always keep the relationship professional.
• Describe how to deal with disagreements between children and young people.
I would always address the situation by listening to both sides of the disagreement firstly to establish who is at fault? If anyone! I would try to resolve the disagreement, as quickly and efficiently as possible. If at this point I was unsuccessful and the issue was unresolved by me, I would make a decision to inform the class teacher regardless of being resolved, in case of any repercussions in my absence, So that the class teacher is aware of the situation.
• Describe how to establish respectful, professional relationships with adults
I would always treat other adults in a way that...